none
Import filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using FIM 2010 to sync several sources into a single AD. One of these sources is a Oracle DSEE (ie IPlanet Server).

We want to only import and sync selected entries in a important tree. Importing all of the DSEE directory is using a lot of time and CPU/Memoy/Disk. So we want to only import entries which could be selected with a simple filter.

On 15000 entries, only 500 are usable.

We trying to use the connector filter in the MA configuration but it seems to only filter entries on the sync step.

How could we IMPORT only the good entries ?

BR,

Emmanuel IT

Saturday, November 19, 2016 9:59 PM

Answers

• For the ADMA, to take objects out of scope you would go to the Configure Directory Permissions section of the MA, click on the Containers button, and select the containers where the MA is allowed to read.  I suspect the similar scoping setting for the iPlanet MA to be in its Naming Context Configuration section. 

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:12 AM

All replies

• Create a view that only has the entries you want then configure FIM to use that view.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Sunday, November 20, 2016 3:52 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean that there is no filter mecanism for filtering datas on import step ?

BR,

Emmanuel IT

Sunday, November 20, 2016 9:07 PM
  • When an object meets the connector filter conditions it becomes a disconnector and will not create a metaverse object (if there is a projection rule) or join to a metaverse object (if there is a join rule).  This means a connector filter blocks a connector space object from being a connector and therefore has to be in the connector space to begin with.

If you don't want the object in the connector space, configure the MA to not look at those objects (if the MA has that option) or if you're dealing with a database you can configure a view so that the MA can't see the objects.

The only exception to the rule that I am aware of is the AD MA which has a Declared Import Filter and will prevent the object from becoming a connector space object at all.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Monday, November 21, 2016 3:25 AM
  • Hi,

Many thanks for your answsers. Howerver, i want to filter entries from a DSEE (Oracle / IPlanet / SUN) directory and this option does not seem to work, whereas it is still available.

What do you mean in "configure the MA to not look at those objects", i can't see any option in MA's configuration (including AD) ?

BR,

Emmanuel IT

Monday, November 21, 2016 8:15 AM
  • For the ADMA, to take objects out of scope you would go to the Configure Directory Permissions section of the MA, click on the Containers button, and select the containers where the MA is allowed to read.  I suspect the similar scoping setting for the iPlanet MA to be in its Naming Context Configuration section. 

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:12 AM