none
DOS attack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I need brief definition of DOS (Denial of Service) attack
    Monday, September 14, 2009 7:16 PM

Answers

• Denial of Service attack are the actions performed by the remote client host (attacker) for making the server computer or one of the services running on it unavailable at least for some period of time.

------------------------
    StarWind Software developer ( http://www.starwindsoftware.com )
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Svirin Monday, September 14, 2009 7:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:46 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 7:52 PM
  • Denail of service is an attack which happen by one computer or punch of computers on a host like webserver by sending big size data to that host at the same time which make the server go to crash due to band width exceed

hope this gonna help

Mahir IT
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:22 AM

All replies

• Denial of Service attack are the actions performed by the remote client host (attacker) for making the server computer or one of the services running on it unavailable at least for some period of time.

------------------------
    StarWind Software developer ( http://www.starwindsoftware.com )
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Svirin Monday, September 14, 2009 7:52 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 7:52 PM
  • Denail of service is an attack which happen by one computer or punch of computers on a host like webserver by sending big size data to that host at the same time which make the server go to crash due to band width exceed

hope this gonna help

Mahir IT
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:22 AM
  • A DOS attack is when someone breaks into your computer case and replaces the CPU with an old 8088, and you find that your computer shows you nothing but a C:\> prompt.
    Kevin Remde US IT Evangelism - Microsoft Corporation http://blogs.technet.com/kevinremde
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Monday, May 23, 2011 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 1:13 PM
  • ROFL too much.... I am in college and taking Network Administration. While in class I was on Technet and I stumbled upon this forum..... I read your answer out loud to the class and suprisingly my teacher was the one that laughed the most. I know this is not an answer to the question in this thread but I had to mention something. And to see your a Microsoft employee is awesome!!! ( My teacher bashes Microsoft all the time also!!!)
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 3:22 PM
  • An attempt at humour, which, obviously, succeeded.

If you study harder, instead of posting here, you might come to understand it ;-)

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Monday, May 23, 2011 1:58 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 10:50 AM