Lags slightly? is it the graphics card? RRS feed

• Question

• everything works fine.. fast install.. fast prgram loadings, but sometimes when i 'just start' moving program (any.. for example IE8) windows there is this slight lag and after that its smooth.

Any idea?
    Monday, January 12, 2009 11:38 PM

Answers

• This happens cause a program is taking up all the CPU cycles. Only way to know what program it is, is to check the Task Manager.  There whatever is showing a high amount of CPU usage is what is causing the lag.  Could be something to do with Aero and DWM, could just be IE trying to catchup with its requests.  
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Proposed as answer by Alex T Jr Friday, January 16, 2009 7:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by aerospace Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mark L. Ferguson Monday, January 19, 2009 8:19 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:39 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem...I can click on a link or ANYTHING and it takes 5-10 clicks to get a response.... once I get it to click I can type about 10-15 words before it shows up in the text field...very annoying...I dont know how to resolve it other than trying another install...
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:51 AM
  • This happens cause a program is taking up all the CPU cycles. Only way to know what program it is, is to check the Task Manager.  There whatever is showing a high amount of CPU usage is what is causing the lag.  Could be something to do with Aero and DWM, could just be IE trying to catchup with its requests.  
    ~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    • Proposed as answer by Alex T Jr Friday, January 16, 2009 7:50 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by aerospace Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mark L. Ferguson Monday, January 19, 2009 8:19 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:39 AM