Issue of Desktop crash and Explorer opening My Libraries RRS feed

• Question

• Issue of Desktop crash and Explorer opening My Libraries

When my desktop crashes of Windows Explorer and I ctrl alt delete and then go task manager and then go to file and run and retype explorer and ok, it opens my libraries and if I type explorer.exe the same thing happens again and libraries open up

If I type in C:\Windows\explorer.exe  in the run and press ok  then my desktop and task bar returns.  I did sfc file checker and all is good and no integrities found.

I also did a clean boot and the same thing happened again.

Can u please help me fix this issue

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 Processor Count: 8 RAM: 24554 Mb Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, 1024 Mb Hard Drives: C: 931 GB (294 GB Free); D: 931 GB (91 GB Free); E: 298 GB (14 GB Free); Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DH67BL

Friday, April 27, 2018 5:34 AM

Answers

• To evaluate the computer environment please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually:   In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

.Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

• Marked as answer by RussellTA Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:42 PM
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 3:59 AM

All replies

• I haven't get the point of what is the problem. Did the desktop and task bar disappear when explorer crash?

When you type explorer.exe in task manager or run box, it will open library, it is a normal behavior.

If the explorer crash, you can open task manager and end the task explorer process and re-create it again.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:27 AM
  • To evaluate the computer environment please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually:   In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

.Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

• Marked as answer by RussellTA Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:42 PM
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 3:59 AM
  • Thanks so much in your assistance and help in resolving the issue that is described above. 

I was able to resolve the issue and all is working now.

I appreciate your help 

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:42 PM
  • Try R.clicking my computer/properties/advanced/virtual memory/advanced/change button..With C: highlited,set to "Let system manage" click set 2X close out,restart pc..Also,with all the storage,why not create a RAID Set,modern pc controllers use/configure all size HDs to be in the set,if youre storage controller has RAID ability.Running a bunch of disks,even in RAID ready state,wont come close to a RAID set....

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc751291.aspx

Follow the TechNet link,its NT set-up,but all windows configure the same... 

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:50 AM