none
Task Reassignment - No Assignments Found to Reassign RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I'm getting the following message when I select a task from Task page and click Reassign from Options. I need to understand what is causing this, as some other users are able to re-assign their own tasks. I believe this is happening to only few users.

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Sunday, December 13, 2015 10:54 AM

Answers

• Few things to consider here;

are you using SEM?

Have some actuals been reported on tasks that you are trying to reassign?

Are tasks already completed that are being reassigned?

Just a tip, try to assign the same activity to multiple resources and vary the percentage of engagement of resource. That may do the trick for you as a work around if it is urgent. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

• Marked as answer by Kashif Nizam Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:00 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2015 8:31 AM

All replies

• Few things to consider here;

are you using SEM?

Have some actuals been reported on tasks that you are trying to reassign?

Are tasks already completed that are being reassigned?

Just a tip, try to assign the same activity to multiple resources and vary the percentage of engagement of resource. That may do the trick for you as a work around if it is urgent. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

• Marked as answer by Kashif Nizam Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:00 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2015 8:31 AM
  • Kashif:

Reassignment permission is controlled at the project level by the Project Manger inside of the Project Client. Click the Options tab in the backstage, then click the Advanced tab. In the second section there is a checkbox to allow reassignment.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, December 18, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Faizan,

Thanks for you reply. Here are my findings.

1. SEM = Yes we are using single entry mode
    2. some tasks were reported and but few were not and those were giving same error.
    3. some tasks were completed and but few were not and those were giving same error.
    4. I tried adding one more resource, this fellow was able to re-assign but the other one still getting same error. I removed this user, published, again reassign this user. Now new error, now I see two tasks with same name. Old one giving error when trying to open. Second one same problem, can't reassign and throws error as described earlier.

Gary,

It's not related to permission. Thanks for your answer.

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:16 AM