RSA SecurID authentication through NAP VPN RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I have setup a NAP VPN test environment and it all worked flawlessly, now after all testing was completed (and the whole test env deleted), management wants to integrate RSA SecurID with the  MS NAP VPN...as in a user having an RSA token would be able to logon the NAP VPN server using his RSA token.

Is this possible, and if so can someone guide me to some documentation about it.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi meimnot,

Thanks for posting here.

Yes, this is possible. Basically if you are using NPS and RRAS as Radius and VPN server , we need to use extension dlls on our current Windows Services and it will simply route to their third party solution. I’d suggest to consult with the support service from RSA first:

http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=3049

Regards,

Tiger Li

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:20 AM

All replies

• Hi meimnot,

Thanks for posting here.

Yes, this is possible. Basically if you are using NPS and RRAS as Radius and VPN server , we need to use extension dlls on our current Windows Services and it will simply route to their third party solution. I’d suggest to consult with the support service from RSA first:

http://www.rsa.com/node.aspx?id=3049

Regards,

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:20 AM
  • Hi meimnot,

Please feel free to let us know if the information was helpful to you.

Regards,

Tiger Li

Monday, November 28, 2011 3:29 AM
  • Hi Tiger Li,

Unfortunately I found no useful info there, it seems that you need to have a client logon to access certain documentation.

Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:41 PM
  • Hi meimnot,

any news regarding your scenario with NAP and RSA SecurID?
    I've to implement both features too...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Carsten

Monday, January 23, 2012 5:34 PM