none
FIM 2010 R2 - Extending reporting - Confirm-FIMReportingBinding - Attribute types RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to extend the reporing schema. I have two FIM attributes, integer and unindexed string. Now when I try to map those attributes, I get just this kind of error message when I run Confirm-FIMReportingBinding powershell:

WARNING: The object/attribute type 'Integer' does not match the class/property type 'int'.
    WARNING: The object/attribute type 'Text' does not match the class/property type 'string'.

I use "int" and "string" types for those attributes, but thoses types seems to be wrong. What types should I use?
    Monday, July 6, 2015 6:34 AM

All replies

• Ok, I managed to solve the problem. I used property IDs described below first.

<Property ID="FIM_TestInteger" Type="int" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" Required="false"/>
    <Property ID="FIM_TestUnindexedString" Type="string" Key="false"  Required="false"/> 

Then I added MaxLength="25" for first one and MaxLength="448" for second one and for both MinLength="0". Also I changed the first one's type from int to decimal. For now Confirm-FIMReportingBinding doesn't give any warnings.

This works good:

<Property ID="FIM_TestInteger" Type="decimal" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" MaxLength="25" MinLength="0" Required="false"/>
    <Property ID="FIM_TestUnindexedString" Type="string" Key="false" MaxLength="448" MinLength="0" Required="false"/> 

• Edited by 2xTsei Monday, July 6, 2015 11:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by 2xTsei Monday, July 6, 2015 11:17 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by 2xTsei Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:36 AM
    Monday, July 6, 2015 11:16 AM
  • Ok, I managed to solve the problem. I used property IDs described below first.

<Property ID="FIM_TestInteger" Type="int" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" Required="false"/>
    <Property ID="FIM_TestUnindexedString" Type="string" Key="false"  Required="false"/> 

Then I added MaxLength="25" for first one and MaxLength="448" for second one and for both MinLength="0". Also I changed the first one's type from int to decimal. For now Confirm-FIMReportingBinding doesn't give any warnings.

This works good:

<Property ID="FIM_TestInteger" Type="decimal" Key="false" CaseSensitive="false" MaxLength="25" MinLength="0" Required="false"/>
    <Property ID="FIM_TestUnindexedString" Type="string" Key="false" MaxLength="448" MinLength="0" Required="false"/> 

Ok, I currently face and issue with the unindexed string attribute. What is the correct type with it?
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 7:37 AM