none
IPAM Client not working in Windows 10 1709/1803 RSAT RRS feed

• Question

• From the Microsoft Download Center page for RSAT:

Issue: IPAM in Server Manager prompts to install even though IPAM is already installed
    Impact: IPAM users on Windows 10 1803/1709 (April 2018 Update/Fall Creators Update)
    Resolution: Use IPAM from an RSAT package installed on Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary Update) or 1703 (Creators Update)

My question to Microsoft: When will this be resolved? We have staff which regularly use IPAM in my organization and do not find a long-term solution in reverting System Administrator workstations which are using RSAT on Windows 10 1709 or 1803. This is an issue reported on a release now 9-months out, and still without a fix. What is the long-term plan?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Have you find any better workarounds than suggested or solutions?

Monday, June 4, 2018 4:35 PM

All replies

• Have the same issue, and no workaround currently. Guess we need to wait...

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 5:14 AM
  • Hi,

Have a nice day! Thanks for your question.

May I know which version is your IPAM server? From MS official, it is stated that IPAM tools in Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 cannot be used to manage IPAM running on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2693643/remote-server-administration-tools-rsat-for-windows-operating-systems

Furthermore, there isn't any other solution for this known issue IPAM in Server Manager prompts to install even though IPAM is already installed.  Also, I will continue to research and follow it. If we have any updates about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible.

In addition, we can also click on the following link to give some suggestions for feedback directly to MS and any suggestion will be appreciated.

https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295047-general-feedback

Highly appreciate your effort and time. Your kind understanding is appreciated.  

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:38 AM
  • Right, we are implementing IPAM on Windows Server 2016. Thanks for checking, and please do let me know if there are any updates on the issue.
    Monday, June 18, 2018 2:08 PM
  • Hi, IPAM client was fixed in Windows 10 Insider build 17682.
    See section “RSAT is now available on demand”:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/05/31/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17682

We will have to wait for the next public release of Windows 10.

• Proposed as answer by ElektronMCP Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:33 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by ElektronMCP Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:33 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:33 AM
  • I join you in your frustration JB.  I'm new to IPAM with Windows Server and I'm about 85% done with my deployment on Server 2016.  Been pulling my hair (what's left) out trying to figure the client side out and I thought it was just me for awhile.  It doesn't even show as a feature to enable on Win 10 versions 1703, 1709 or 1803 which I believe is every release of Windows 10 if I'm not mistaken.  Even when you uninstall and then reinstall the correct versions of RSAT tools manaully on Windows 10 (client or server versions) IPAM just doesn't show for whatever reason.  I know man, it's been driving me crazy too.  But I've been researching this issue online for about 6 months and it seems to be pretty consistent across the board.  People have posted suggestions and solutions but they don't seem to work. Everyone has this issue with the IPAM client not showing in RSAT tools, no matter which version.  Please let me know if and when you or anyone you've heard of make progress on this. 

Bottom line, It's Microsoft so you know just as well as I do that they will move on this issue at their leisure.  And more than likely won't move or provide solution to this (if they even know) until enough people scream about it.  Heck I wouldn't be surprise if they never fix it lol. Regardless of how many people scream about it.

If I happen to make any progress with this I will post everything related to whatever the solution may be if I get to that point.  I would hate to have to log on to the server all the time just to do tasks related to IPAM but if I do, so be it.  There's only a few of us where I work at that may potentially rely on IPAM.

Anyways, good luck and God Speed!

Sam M

Friday, July 20, 2018 3:23 PM
  • I have the Same issue. It is very frustrating that Microsoft is ignoring this feature. 
    Saturday, September 22, 2018 6:27 PM
  • May want to try Solarwinds IPAM or some other 3rd party IPAM vendor.  Solarwinds works great and reads my Microsoft Servers just fine.  My philosophy is that if the vendor won't fix their product, dump them and find another who has a working product.  That is just business.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:04 PM
  • Is there any update on this issues? Do we have a timeline for the next public version?
    Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:56 AM
  • Is there any update on this?  

Dave

• Edited by DaveBryan37 Thursday, February 28, 2019 3:17 PM
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 3:16 PM