none
Yippee! Just got MS Project Server 2013 all working, but I have questions... here is #2 RRS feed

• Question

• So I created a few test projects on the server using MS Project 2013 Pro, but now I want to know if it's a best practice to keep the .mpp file somewhere on the project server, so peeps can download and work offline. And if so, how to accomplish? Many of my students work in places where internet is spotty (downloads ok, but persistent connections not good). Also, many PMs like to work when on planes and other places where there is no internet. So what to do? thx!!! 

jigs

Jiggy Gaton, Trainer and Media Consultant for Nepal and S. Asia

Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jigs,

Here is the procedure to work offline with Project Server 2010 but still applicable for 2013.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project/archive/2010/07/14/tips-and-tricks-work-offline-from-project-server.aspx

DO NOT save the project locally, but follow this procedure, otherwise you could create version conflicts.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Jigs Gaton Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:22 AM
    Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:15 AM
  • Thx! That will do it then, although I predict some of the users that I know will not be following the procedure and will will save the file locally, make the edits, and then try and save it back to the server - ha! But perhaps after one unsuccessful go, they will know. Cheers! 

Jiggy Gaton, Trainer and Media Consultant for Nepal and S. Asia

Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:25 AM