Desktop Shortcuts don't open RRS feed

• Question

• When I set up a shortcut on my Dell Desktop, running Windows 10 (Big Mistake to update to Win 10), the Desktop shortcut will initially open, then disappear before I can use it to open the website. Haven't found any answers that will fix this. Even the Geek Squad has failed in their efforts. Really a pain in the ankle.
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 3:33 AM

All replies

• What shortcut? A specific one? To a web address or a browser protocol?

Do all desktop shortcuts do this?

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:30 PM
  • Hi ,

What is the exact shortcut that stop working?
    If it is a shorcut of built-in store apps, try re-register all apps with the following command in the PowerShell with Administrator
    "Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}"
    If it is a shortcut of third party applications, I suggest you reinstall the related third party application, then create a new shortcut, check if it works.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 13, 2017 1:47 AM
  • Hi ,

How about the issue now? If the issue persists, then what does the commands do for Desktop shortcut? Consider we can check if recreate shortcut directly again to see if it can work.
    What about new user account? I suggest create a new account, check if the issue persists under your new account, in case your current user profile is corrupted.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:14 AM