Custom SSAS security and Analytic charts and grids RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a SSAS cube with custom security enabled.  I can run a query and get the following results

Product1                     N/A

Product2                     14

Product3                     N/A

Where N/A means I do not have rights to see the data.  Different users will get different results.

When I try to create an Analytic Chart or grid in Performance Point using the same query, the chart/report fails to render and gives me an error message about have insufficent permissions.

If I change the query to only contain items I have rights to, then everything is fine.  I'd like to just have the N/A values be treated as null, otherwise I have to make the filter on the report intelligent enough to only allow filtering on items I have rights for.

Is there a setting I can set to do this?

Monday, December 10, 2007 4:02 PM

Answers

• Actually I have received resolution to the problem.  Through Premiere support I was able to get this marked as a bug in the product.  It is currently in the hot-fix cycle and I've been told that they are expecting it to be released in early to mid Feb.

Jeff

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:19 PM

All replies

• Jeff,

Have you got any response or resolved this problem? I have a client who has the same problem when tried to connect to the SSAS server in the Excel sheet Pivot table. He can see the cubes Metadata like the Dim table ,fields. But he got N/A in the Fact counts. He has  READ access to all the cubes,dimensions,cells.

If you figured out the problem, please let me know. Thank you!

Carol

Friday, February 1, 2008 3:36 PM
  • Hey Jeff,

When you say you have enabled custom security in SSAS cube how does you implemented it? can you eloborate on that? Am in need of setting the same.

Monday, February 4, 2008 6:44 AM
  • Actually I have received resolution to the problem.  Through Premiere support I was able to get this marked as a bug in the product.  It is currently in the hot-fix cycle and I've been told that they are expecting it to be released in early to mid Feb.

Jeff

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:19 PM