Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 Audio Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Having recently purchased a Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 I found that installing on Vista with the Vista drivers downloaded from Microsoft as many have an irritating buzzing/crackling on the audio. The solution I found was completely by chance. During an electrical storm I turn off my wireless router and mains power to the laptop and carried on looking for a solution, just messing about with the audio settings and what do you know no buzzing or crackling on the audio. So that left me with two options, either a dodgy electrical input in to the laptop or interference from the router. Turning the router back on which is about two feet away from the laptop I recorded another voice clip and the crackle and buzzing was back, I reposition the router and now the audio is crystal clear.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hello,

According to my experience, the problem you meet is very possibly caused by the interference from the wireless router. Many integrated audio adapters can be effected by such interference.

To solve the problem, try to change the channel of wireless router. If it still can't work, you may contact the manufacturers of related hardware, in order find a solution.

Regards

Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:44 AM