none
Visual Reports Cube errors with master Project RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Project Professional 2010 on Windows 7

Created a Cube with Project A - No issues (Pivot in excel as a consumer showed data as expected

Created a cube with a master project (with Project A as sub project)  - same pivot constructed, -> Work hrs shown are close to 3 times the original work hrs. 

Not sure what could be the reason behind the same

tried with multiple laptops but the same issue , Was able to reproduce this consistently 

Looks like a defect in Microsoft Project Visual Reports  Cube building process,Please help

2. Also when I try to refresh the pivot tables with replaced cube  it fails for various reasons

Scenario - 1

When I recently build the cube, looks like the temporary mdb file is created and it stays

At the time there are about 56 pivots that access this connection , it fails with error message, the file is used by other process. My feeling is the multi threading access from pivots in excel to Cubes is not properly done by Microsoft,  

Can I make all pivot tables rely  only one access to the cube  so that I can eliminate going to the cube many times. Other wise is there an alternative to this 56 pivots accessing the cube for refresh, my cube gets refreshed every week

Scenario - 2  when refresh all is clicked in excel          

Gets error message unable to refresh data, though cub file is present , seems like the cube file tries to access the temporary mdb file to refresh the cube itself , 

But I only intent to refresh the excel pivots from the updated cube

Friday, April 5, 2013 3:15 PM

All replies