none
Exchange 2010 SP1 Shared mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have general question, I have a shared mailbox example: Communication. I just create a group for that mailbox and add 5 users to the group. Then I use Powershell script to add permissions on the shared mailbox like -AccessRights Fullaccess -InheritanceType all and -Extendedrights "Send As" -InheritanceType all.

All 5 Users can access the mailbox and they can send a email from the mailbox. The real question if the user X send a email from the mailbox Communication, can I see somewhere else wich user send the mail from the Communication mailbox. So that I can trigger that specify email wich user has send the mail out the name of Communication shared mailbox. Like is that User 1, 2, etc..

Does anybody knows how I can find that to trigger the mail with the userID, or is this not possible to see wich user send the email from the shared mailbox. 

Kind regards,
    Hakan91

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:45 PM

Answers

• I don't believe that there is any way to do that.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Monday, December 19, 2011 6:04 PM

All replies

• I don't believe that there is any way to do that.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Monday, December 19, 2011 6:04 PM
  • That is very strange I was thinking it should be. I can see the only access of the mailbox etc.. like delete and the other settings but not that one email has been send from wich user.
    What I already say maybe I am wrong.

Kind regards,
    Hakan91

Good luck everyone.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 6:46 PM