none
Import Resources in Bulk into PWA RRS feed

All replies

• Hi

you can sync with a group if possible, or use Project Professional to open the resource pool and insert resources from there.

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Monday, December 2, 2013 8:20 AM
  • Your best approach would be to use the Project Professional application to build your resource pool and to import from there. If you only have a limited number of users with the Project app, you can build out the resource pool in Excel, then cut and paste into the Project app when it is complete. By following this process, Project will alert you of any problems with your data and will prevent these damaging your database (although it will not verify the accuracy of your data obviously!).

If you are migrating off another system, I suggest you add a new custom field into Project Server to include the unique identifier for the resource on the legacy system. This will be useful when you start reporting and need to match datasets from the old and new systems.

Best of luck.

Monday, December 2, 2013 12:53 PM
  • fitcja --

To add to the excellent answers already provided, beware of attempting to use the Import Resources Wizard to import resources from a project into Project Server 2013.  This tool no longer seems to work.  I fought with this tool, and ended up doing what the other two responders recommended instead.  I had to open the Enterprise Resource Pool for editing in Microsoft Project 2013, then I copied and pasted my resources into the pool.  Very frustrating.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, December 2, 2013 2:37 PM