none
PWA - how to publish accidentally deleted item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

By mistake i presed Delete button insted of Publish during approval process so this item is not visible anymore. 

can you tell me how to publish item  accidentally deleted from Approval -> History -> Status updates?

• Edited by MSPUser Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:04 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:55 AM

Answers

• Hi MSPUser,

If I understood correctly your initial question, you can simply edit and publish your project from PWA or Project Pro as the status update should already be part of the draft version of the project schedule.

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of Project Server are you using?

In case you activated the Single Entry Mode to combine timesheet and task update, you could ask for the resource to recall and submit again his timesheet to restart the approval process on the given update.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:38 AM
  • sorry, i'm using project server 2010 with Single entry mode enabled. so is it only option i have? to ask users to resend their actuals?
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:50 AM
  • Recover a post or page using Google’s cache. You might be able to recover a post or page using Google’s cache. If your Privacy Settings (Settings -> Privacy) has been set to “Allow search engines to index this site” and the post/page has been published long enough for Google to index it, you can try the following steps:Go to http://www.google.comSubmit a search for the post/page URL or a combination of your blog’s URL and the post/page title.If you receive a matching result, move your cursor over the result so the two right-facing arrows appear, hover over the double arrows, then click the Cached link.

• Edited by Philip Booth Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:52 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:51 AM
  • Hi Philip,

I'm afraid you're misunderstanding the concern. This is an issue about Project Server.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Hi MSPUser,

If you deleted the task update before publishing the approval, you'll probably have to ask the user to resend his timesheet. Note that you can do it using a delegation session if you don't want to ask the resource.

Maybe before doing this, try to publish the project plan directly to check if the approval has been taken into account, but I would doubt it does. 

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:02 AM
  • resending timesheet without entering values again doesn't help.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:10 AM
  • Hi MSPUser,

If I understood correctly your initial question, you can simply edit and publish your project from PWA or Project Pro as the status update should already be part of the draft version of the project schedule.

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:33 PM
  • thanks, it works.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:07 PM