none
SharePoint 2016 User Sync Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have setup Identity Manager for the first time to use with a new SharePoint 2016 environment. I had tried to use the default AD sync but could not pictures to work there way over. I have followed a few instructions on getting MIM installed, hot fix applied, SharePoint connector installed, GitHub files downloaded, and scripts run. I am running in the issue where I cannot get the ADMA and SPMA to run successfully with the following command.

Start-SharePointSync -Confirm:$false

When I do I am getting two different Return Values.

The first is for the ADMA FullSync. I get stopped-extension-dll-file-not-found. The dll listed in the ADMA Agent is SharePointSynchroniation.dll. When I navigate to the extensions folder it is not listed. Tried another extension that was and received the same error. Event viewer giving this:

The server encountered an unexpected error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\Extensions\SharePointSynchronization.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
       at Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.Impl.ScriptHost.InitializeWorker(InitializeArguments pArgs)

InnerException=>
    none
    "

On the SPMA FullImport, Export, and DeltaImport I am seeing extensible-connector-refresh-required. No clue on this one as I have no support I can locate.

I have deleted and recreated the Run Profiles and Updated the Management Agents no avail. No users appear in the Metaverse search and no user data is getting to SharePoint from AD. Looking for advice and direction.

• Edited by bambuhiphop Friday, September 30, 2016 7:36 PM spelling
    Friday, September 30, 2016 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

did you manage to solve this issue ? i have a similar Problem. The ADMA is working fine, but the SPMA is giving the same error you have...

Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:23 PM
  • Hello,

Did you also download the "SynchronizationRulesExtensions.cs" from GitHub?

https://github.com/OfficeDev/PnP-Tools/issues/91

Best regards,

Lucian

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:08 PM
  • Hi Lucian85,

Yes, I downloaded the SynchronizationRulesExtension.cs but still have the same issue. Can any one has found a solution to this?

Monday, January 9, 2017 12:19 AM
  • Hi Bambuhiphop,

I was able to fix the issue by the following steps.

1. Made sure the sync account has replicating directory changes through ADSI edit to the configuration category.
    2. When SPMA Full Import or Delta Import shows "extensible-connector-refresh-required", just open SPMA connector properties and Click OK. I know its strange but it works.

Let me know if this helped.

• Proposed as answer by Srikanth246 Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:25 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 2:47 AM
  • Hi Srikanth,

I also had the same error, "extensible-connector-refresh-required". 

I tried opening the SPMA connector properties from "Management Agents" tab, and click on "OK". Then I ran "fullimport", this time I see "success", but there is 0 adds. (its a fresh SP 2016 and MIM installation).

I ran again the SPMA full import,  this time the status is "completed-no-objects". What I am missing?

Thank you.

Thanks, Krishna

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:52 PM
  • Hi Krishna,

Can you check the Sync Account has proper permissions(Replicating Directory changes) in AD. 

Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:17 AM
  • Hi Srikanth,

I also had the same error, "extensible-connector-refresh-required". 

I tried opening the SPMA connector properties from "Management Agents" tab, and click on "OK". Then I ran "fullimport", this time I see "success", but there is 0 adds. (its a fresh SP 2016 and MIM installation).

I ran again the SPMA full import,  this time the status is "completed-no-objects". What I am missing?

Thank you.

Thanks, Krishna

Were you ever able to resolve the "completed-no-objects" issue?
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:19 AM
  • Hi Friends,

I am also suffering with same error. 

I followed srikanth answer

1. Made sure the sync account has replicating directory changes through ADSI edit to the configuration category.
    2. When SPMA Full Import or Delta Import shows "extensible-connector-refresh-required", just open SPMA connector properties and Click OK. I know its strange but it works.

I did 2nd step and ran again full sync.

This time SPMA FullImport status Completed-no-obajects but remaining are success. when I searching users into the metaverse search, here we are able to find the users. 

But how to resolve Completed-no-objects status in SPMA FullImport?

Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Hello everyone.

I ran into the same issue with "completed-no-objects" status of SPMA Management agent. An explanation to this problem can be found in the Spencer Harbar's article "User Profile Photo Import from thumbnailPhoto using MIM and the SharePoint Connector".

In the "workaround" you will find the following description: Now at this point if we perform another Full Synchronization we have a problem. As far as MIM Synchronization is concerned the previous export worked flawlessly. It thinks all the pictures are present. This is because the ProfileImportExportServicedidn’t report any exceptions. <...> Of course, the idea is to correctly configure all of this before we perform the initial Full Synchronization. However, if you are following along, we can “fix” this by deleting the SharePoint MA’s Connector Space, and then performing a Full Synchronization. This will force an fresh Export to SharePoint (there is no need to delete the AD Connector Space).

So, to fix the "Completed-no-objects" issue, you need to do the following steps:

1. Open synchronization service manager on your MIM server;
    2. Switch to Management agents tab and highlight your SPMA Management agent;
    3. Click delete in the right pane;
    4. In the new window you will see two options: "Delete connector space" and "Remove management agent and connector space";
    5. Select the first option and click OK. After that confirm the deletion of connector space;
    6. Finally, rerun Start-SharePointSync -Confirm:$false cmdlet

After that SPMA FULLIMPORT should have "Success" status.

I hope that these steps will help you to get rid of "Completed-no-objects" issue.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 12:47 PM
  • Hi George,

Thank you, Partially helped your answer to me. Firstly I have followed George above steps resolved Completed-no-objects but getting new error Completed-sync-errors.

It will happen If we run Full sync several times following errors occures "completed-no-objects", "completed-sync-errors" and unexpected-error. In my case I have resolved this error through following steps.

1. In MIM tool go to the Tools -> click on options -> uncheck Enable Provisioning Rules Extension.
    2. Go to Management Agents -> select SPMA -> In Actions pane click on Delete -> select first option and click ok.
    3. Select SPMA -> In Actions pane click on Refresh Schema
    4. double click on SPMA and click on ok
    5. double click on ADMA and click on ok
    6. Now run Full sync Start-SharePointSync -Confirm:$false.
    • Proposed as answer by Rama Goud Sunday, September 17, 2017 6:48 AM
    Sunday, September 17, 2017 6:47 AM