vista RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

couple of questions if i may

i was signed up as a vista tester when it was laucnhed i have read somewhere we can get a free download of it is this true.

if not

i do own a liscence number for windows vista basic home but the disk is lost where can i download it so i can reinstall if i can

thanks

Lee 
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi

If that license is for a version of Vista that came pre-installed on the computer, then you need to contact the computer manufacturer.

Most manufacturers will replace lost or damaged installation disks for a nominal charge. This is usually only the cost of shipping the disk.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 7:55 PM

All replies

• mollysam said:

hi all

couple of questions if i may

i was signed up as a vista tester when it was laucnhed i have read somewhere we can get a free download of it is this true.

Hi

That program expired last year. The free download is no longer available.

i do own a liscence number for windows vista basic home but the disk is lost where can i download it so i can reinstall if i can

Please see the following article. This explains how to replace lost installation disks.

How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs and product upgrades, and replace product manuals:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/326246/en-us

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 7:21 PM
  • hi

tghanks for that so basicly i have to buy it again as it cam with my laptop

lee
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 7:25 PM
  • Hi

If that license is for a version of Vista that came pre-installed on the computer, then you need to contact the computer manufacturer.

Most manufacturers will replace lost or damaged installation disks for a nominal charge. This is usually only the cost of shipping the disk.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 7:55 PM