none
Plan for upgrading Mail box cluster (SCC) from SP2 UR 5 to SP3 UR8 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a forest In that two Child domains are there. We have both Windows 2008 R2 and windows 2003SP2 Domain controllers.

example Forest name is A.com

1 Child B.A.com - In this we have Mailbox server (in cluster (SCR)) CAS/UM/HUB on  NLB(normal windows NLB) all are in Windows 2008 SP1 and Exchnage 2007 Sp2 UR5  and i want all this servers to update to exchange SP3 UR 8

2nd child C.A.com - In this we have CAS/HUB in NLB  Exchange 2010 SP2 n windows 2008 R2 no mailbox server

This two environments are in coexistence as migration has been stopped due to some reason. AS already my ORG is already prepared to Exchange 2010 Sp 2. Without  preparing the  schema and AD, I have upgraded the (CAS/UM/HUB) servers to SP3 UR 8 and it has been upgraded without any issue it was successfully.

Now I want to upgrade the Mailbox Servers  and  CMS  in B.A.com domain Mailbox servers(SCC  ) from 2007 sp2 UR5 to 2007 SP3 UR8.

I Will first upgrade the Passive node(Node B) with Setup /m:upgrade restart the server and install the UR 8 and failover the cluster to Node B and bring them online and upgraded the CMS to SP3 with switch  setup /upgradecms

For any reason  resource has been failed after the upgrading the Node B and CMS to sp3, can I move the cluster resources to Node A(which is in SP2) and bring the cluster resources to online is this possible.

If the Cluster resources are not coming online before upgradinthe CMS top SP3 we can move CMS to Node A and can bring them onile without any issue. Once the Node B and CMS is upgraded to sp3 and CMS resoureces has been failed or any issue has been occured can i move the CMS to node A (which is in SP2) and bring the resources online.

Do any one have the blackout plan for getting the CMS server to SP2

• Edited by RSMR Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:20 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check the following thread and see whether you have the similar situation:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploy/thread/d1e853eb-5eab-492c-b0b2-1206c1c0cde8

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:26 AM