SharePoint 2013 Hybrid Search - Show more results link RRS feed

• Question

• We are planning a SharePoint 2013 hybrid search setup involving MS SharePoint Enterprise Search on-premise and SharePoint Online. While we are doing our initial investigation, we found that the search results displayed will contain a partial set of results of on-premise when executing search from Online (i.e. inbound search) and vice-versa when executing search from on-premise (i.e. outbound search).

So, what we wanted to know is that, after displaying a set of 10 results it will show a "Show more" option to get more results, so when the user clicks this link, would it get the results and display in the same section/page or will it re-direct opening a new window and showing the complete results in a new page?

This is not clear in the documentations so far that I have gone through. Please help.

P.S. We are aware of the new option of setting up hybrid i.e. the Index DB online to get a combined results that is made available via a cumulative update however, we are still going ahead with the earlier option for now. We might switch back later.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:27 PM

Answers