none
Cannot edit a document in Project Site; will not allow write access RRS feed

• Question

• I have a group of people that I want to have read/write access to a project site that is created of course from the project creation process.   All of the people are in my project managers group in PWA and they are also all part of the project team.  I own the project (project owner) but I want to allow all of them read/write access to documents that are in the project folder.  When they click the drop down on the excel document in question, it says "open in edit mode" but when they open it, it will not allow them to save back.  It says "opened in read only mode".  I tried taking the Project Managers group and adding it directly to the project site with contribute mode but that still will not allow them to edit.  Any ideas?  Have a ton of people waiting on this functionality.  Thanks.

Cletus51

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:23 PM

All replies

• Cletus51 --

The reason they have Read-Only access to the Documents library for this project is because they are only members of the project team.  If you assign them to a task in the project, such as a Milestone task for example, and republish the project, they will all have Read/Write access to the Documents library for this project.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Proposed as answer by t0nyz1nk Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:53 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:29 PM