none
Get-DPMProtectionGroup and inactive protection for previously protected data RRS feed

• Question

• I have inherited a DPM 2012 SP1 box and a DPM 2012 R2 box. The majority of the servers have be migrated to the 2012 R2 server. My problem is that all the tapes are mixed up between the two aforementioned systems and a 3rd system that we no longer use. Several expired tapes from the 2012 SP1 server have been moved to the R2 server. 

Get-DPMProtectionGroup does not include 'inactive protection for previously protected data' protection group in its output. I can get a list of tapes by piping the output through get-dpmtape. My question is:

How can I get a list of tapes from the 'inactive protection for previously protected data' protection group?

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

see this Script, should be helpful, https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/DPM-Tape-List-with-1f9fc697

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:12 AM
  • Michael - Thanks for the reply. The script returned the 85 tapes that were left in the active protection groups. I currently have 539 tapes in the inactive protection for previously protected data protection group. I can see the tapes in the console, however  you can not do anything with them. Those 539 tapes are what i need to get the bar codes for. 

Any ideas?

• Edited by msmith_ccc Thursday, April 7, 2016 2:43 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:17 PM
  • Did you ever find a way to do this? I'm really dreading writing a custom report/SQL query so if you did it would save me a ton of work.

thanks in advance!

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 6:56 PM