Losing connection to remote desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I access windows 2012 server from my Windows 7,  thru remote desktop. I have an extended screen at my office and the issue is when I attempt to use the extended screen. While working on it, and then going back to primary screen, the remote session to the server has been dropped. If I remain on the primary screen, the session stays active. by on it, I mean not even working on it, just the last place I clicked being the primary screen.  to be clear, this isn't to do with accessing a secondary screen on the server. The server only has one screen. The 2 screens are on my desktop that I work on all day.

has anyone seen this? 

Friday, September 26, 2014 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi

has this only started happening? if you open the rdp session on the secondary screen and then maximise it does the same happen?

Any errors in your log files? 

maybe this helps:

http://superuser.com/questions/744808/why-did-remote-desktop-performance-drop-when-switching-from-windows-server-2012r

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:58 AM
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 8:11 PM