Subscription when Analyst-Comment is created RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

is it possible to setup a subscription where the recipient depends on the creator?

For example there are two analysts involved the primary owner and the "assigned to" user. Now the "assigned to" user creates a comment to ask something the primary owner. There for I want to create a subscription that notifies the primary owner, that there exists a new comment.

I can build a e-mail subscription that certain user gets notify if a new comment was created. But I can't setup a criteria where I can define if the assigned to user creates comment then the primary owner is the recipient and vise versa.

• Edited by Zero3000 Thursday, December 6, 2018 8:23 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 4:48 PM

All replies

• Maybe this blog post is helpful for a start:

Notifying the Affected User When the Analyst Has Updated the Action Log

Instead of the Affected User you should change this line to the Primary Owner:

<Item>$MPElement[Name=’WorkItem!System.WorkItemAffectedUser‘]$</Item>

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:03 PM
  • Maybe this blog post is helpful for a start:

Notifying the Affected User When the Analyst Has Updated the Action Log

Instead of the Affected User you should change this line to the Primary Owner:

<Item>$MPElement[Name=’WorkItem!System.WorkItemAffectedUser‘]$</Item>

Does the author of the blog post you linked implements a subscription for the affected user if the action log gets updated? In my opinion yes, because I can't see the part where he uses the dependency of comment creator. He talks about the analyst, but analyst could be erveryone who sets up a comment.  Now a day I can define a subscription like this out of the box.

• Edited by Zero3000 Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:03 PM