Please help: Skype for business as a widget RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All:

I work at a university and administer some grant submission software. I have very limited coding knowledge, but am trying to create a widget that will launch a Skype for business chat window with a specific user. I am able to create the widget to launch Skype for business, but am having trouble connecting to a specific person. I essentially get a message saying that the user is unknown. I think part of the problem is that our university hosts Skype on a central server, and I'm not referencing that server properly. I don't know how. Here is my original code that launches Skype for business:

('callto:deweyt@institutionname.edu?chat')">Contact Support</a>

I have also tried just

('callto:deweyt?chat')">Contact Support</a>

The server that Skype is hosted on his lync.institutionname.edu

Can anyone advise on how I should code this to call up a chate window for user deweyt? Thank you

Thursday, January 5, 2017 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi dstock,

Welcome to our forum.

As I am concerned, this is an issue about SFB development, we suggest you post this case to SFB development forum by the following link:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=SfB

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:22 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2017 1:44 AM