SMS 2003 Site status error RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting error messages from the SMS status message viewer for the

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 208, severity 16: [42S02][208][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name '_RES_COLL_HOU00024'.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Monday, September 27, 2010 12:04 PM

Answers

• My guess (and it's purely a guess) is that there is some other collection, which is explicitly attempting to reference a collection membership of HOU00024.  If HOU00024 has been deleted through a badly-written 3rd party method, or the collection query for this collection (the one referencing hou00024) was manually written; I could see that error happening.

Potential sql report ( you would run this from SQL Management studio, connected to your sms database)

select crq.collectionid, coll.name
    from v_collectionrulequery crq
    join v_collection coll on coll.collectionid=crq.collectionid
    where crq.queryexpression like '%coll_hou00024%'

that should result with a collid and collection name that would have that phrase in it.  HOpefully that will help you track down the misbehaving collection query.

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:08 PM
  • Hi Sherry,

Your guess is correct!!!! the collection id HOU000024 was referring in a Test collection. Using your query i found the collection name. from the query based collection i removed the HOU00024.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:12 PM

All replies

• My guess (and it's purely a guess) is that there is some other collection, which is explicitly attempting to reference a collection membership of HOU00024.  If HOU00024 has been deleted through a badly-written 3rd party method, or the collection query for this collection (the one referencing hou00024) was manually written; I could see that error happening.

Potential sql report ( you would run this from SQL Management studio, connected to your sms database)

select crq.collectionid, coll.name
    from v_collectionrulequery crq
    join v_collection coll on coll.collectionid=crq.collectionid
    where crq.queryexpression like '%coll_hou00024%'

that should result with a collid and collection name that would have that phrase in it.  HOpefully that will help you track down the misbehaving collection query.

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:08 PM
  • Hi Sherry,

Your guess is correct!!!! the collection id HOU000024 was referring in a Test collection. Using your query i found the collection name. from the query based collection i removed the HOU00024.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:12 PM