none
Error when adding solution

Question

• When I try to add a solution to my dev server (SharePoint 2010) via PowerShell (or stsadm).  I get the following error:

Add-SPSolution : Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:32 AM SP 2010 q (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:12 PM

Answers

• It turns out my install was corrupted.  My timer service kept restarting.  I started going through the (hundreds) of log entries until I found the issue.  Upon doing a web search for "SPTimerStore.InitializeTimer: SPConfigurationDatabase.RefreshCache returned SPConstants.InvalidRowVersion", I discovered that my cache folder was deleted (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<GUID>).  I followed the instructions on this blog to restore it.  Everything works as expected now.
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hello Tegan,

If the solution is already added to the SharePoint server farm, you may have to first retract it and then add a new version of it. Have you tried it?

Cheers! Sridhar.. **If you find this post helpful, please click the 'Vote as Helpful' link. If this post answers your question, click the 'Mark As Answered' link below. It helps others who experience the same issue in future to find the solution.**
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:29 PM
  • It turns out my install was corrupted.  My timer service kept restarting.  I started going through the (hundreds) of log entries until I found the issue.  Upon doing a web search for "SPTimerStore.InitializeTimer: SPConfigurationDatabase.RefreshCache returned SPConstants.InvalidRowVersion", I discovered that my cache folder was deleted (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<GUID>).  I followed the instructions on this blog to restore it.  Everything works as expected now.
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:58 PM