Actions "Edit in Datasheet" and "Open with Windows Explorer Missing" i RRS feed

• Question

• I had to uninstall IE 11 and revert back to IE 8 - and, now I am missing some controls on my document libraries and lists.  I am missing "edit in datasheet" and missing "open with windows explorer".  Also, the option to "Connect with Outlook" has been replaced with "Connect to Client".

I am at my wits end to determine what I need to do to get these options back up and running.  I have tried to turn on every activeX control and setting in IE - to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Jan Headrick

Monday, November 25, 2013 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Jan,

First, check to make sure you're not using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.

If you're using the 32-bit version and still having issues, you may need to repair or reinstall Office so that the underlying Office DLLs (on which those browser features rely) are clean.

• Marked as answer by Janice4Texas Monday, November 25, 2013 5:35 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

First, check to make sure you're not using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.

If you're using the 32-bit version and still having issues, you may need to repair or reinstall Office so that the underlying Office DLLs (on which those browser features rely) are clean.

• Marked as answer by Janice4Texas Monday, November 25, 2013 5:35 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 5:31 PM
  • That was it - I was inadvertently running IE 64 bit - which I had removed from my product listing.  I bet somehow it was reinstated when I reverted from IE 11.

Thanks so much - I won't let this happen again!

Jan Headrick

Monday, November 25, 2013 5:36 PM
  • If you are running Windows 7 > x64 then you can:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Click on the gear in the upper right corner.

3. Select "Compatibility View Settings"

4. Tick the box "Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View"

It is fit and finish work like this that makes me cringe at using MS products. That is simply shoddy work. But worse than that, MS makes it hard to fix the issue. I spent 1.5 hours of my life I will never get back trying to understand how to fix this very simple issue, because the help and support function at MS is as bad as the product development.

• Proposed as answer by LeoWar Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:29 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:15 PM