none
Autodesk products will not stay activated with Steady State turned on RRS feed

• Question

• I am working in a school environment that is using Microsoft Steady State and we are having problems activating a few design academy 2009 products. The process the vendor told us to follow was:
    Install Design Academy with steady state off
    Register and Activate the product.
    Reboot
    Run all apps to ensure everything is activated
    Reboot
    Turn Steady State on

This works at first but as soon as the machine was rebooted again after Steady State was turned on Revit MEP 2009 started prompting for Activation again. This also happens with Revit Architecture 2009, Autodesk Inventor 2009, Autocad 2009.

We would really like to keep steady state on but we can't reactivate each time because eventually it will stop letting us activate unless we make a call to autodesk. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 5:01 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Kyle, have you enabled Windows Disk Protection in Windows SteadyState? If not, I consider this issue may not relate to SteadyState. If you are using Windows Disk Protection, you can activating those programs and then enable Windows Disk Protection. Meanwhile, please also let me know which restrictions in SteadyState have been enabled.

Monday, January 19, 2009 7:45 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Kyle, have you enabled Windows Disk Protection in Windows SteadyState? If not, I consider this issue may not relate to SteadyState. If you are using Windows Disk Protection, you can activating those programs and then enable Windows Disk Protection. Meanwhile, please also let me know which restrictions in SteadyState have been enabled.

Monday, January 19, 2009 7:45 AM
  • Hi Sean thanks for the reply. We are using Disk Protection. We have tried turning off disk protection to install and activate the software. I also tried installing on a fresh machine where disk protection had not been turned on yet. In both cases the product works untill disk protection is turned on. Once I turn on disk protection and the computer restarts the product will work untill the computer is restarted again. I have tried on a machine with disk protection turned off and the product will seems to be working fine and has not prompted to activate again.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 8:10 PM
  •  

Hi Kyle, thanks for the information. It seems that this can be a compatibility issue between Autodesk activation and Windows Disk Protection. I will inform our product group on this issue. Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:04 AM