Windows Vista not working, sound, restore system, internet, and everything RRS feed

• Question

• So this is what happened, I reinstall my HP Solution center from HP and installed it again. I have the CD and so on. After I installed it, HP said that I should restart my computer in order for it to take effect. I restart my computer and after... I log in to my account and everything changed. computer security not working, sounds not working, internet not working and said its turn off, the start up scheme and desktop toolbar changed from it's windows vista normal color changed to gray and everything is changed. I tried to back up and restore the system but I got a fail because of some error. Now, I keep trying and stuffs... I still not working or so. I don't know what to do.

Can anyone please help me?

My Computer is: Windows Vista Home Premium

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

System restore could be under consideration at first place.

Certain things you can try are to find out the root cause of the problem are given below.

1.  Have a look whether you can reproduce the problem in safe mode.

Start your computer in safe mode
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

If behavior doesn’t persist in safe mode, it indicates that a third party program or service is preventing you from performing the action as supposed to.

To validate or determine which service/startup item could be causing this, restart the computer and boot to desktop normally. Once done, perform clean boot.

2.  Clean Boot prevents software conflicts by preventing the startup items and non Microsoft services from loading. This way you can safely follow the process of elimination to check which application is causing this behavior.

Refer:
    How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    Note: Ensure that you put your computer back to normal startup mode after completing the troubleshooting steps. Steps are available in the article given above.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:00 AM