none
Email subscription generating error when 'Include Report' option enabled RRS feed

• Question

• When creating new report subscriptions with the option 'Include Report' option enabled the emails are not sent and the ReportServerService.log shows the following:

ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: AuthzInitializeContextFromSid: Win32 error: 1355, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. ;

ERROR: Error sending email. Exception: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSException: The report server has encountered a configuration error.  ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ServerConfigurationErrorException: The report server has encountered a configuration error. 

ERROR: Error occurred processing subscription <GUID>: Failure sending mail: The report server has encountered a configuration error. Mail will not be resent.

INFO: Notification <GUID> completed.  Success: False, Status: Failure sending mail: The report server has encountered a configuration error. Mail will not be resent., DeliveryExtension: Report Server Email, Report: <REPORT NAME>, Attempt 0

However, if I disable the option to Include Report the email sends successfully.

We have existing subscriptions for the same report with the Include Report option enable and they work, it only seems to be affecting new subscriptions.

The SSRS service is running under a dedicated service account and all other aspects of the Reporting Services are working.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Edited by David.West Monday, December 9, 2019 3:02 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2019 2:06 PM

Answers

• I've worked it out.

In our environment we have multiple domains and domain trusts.  For my day-to-day admin I use a domain account in the standard corporate domain, however the SSRS server sits in a services domain.  Although there is a trust between these two domains, if I create the subscription with my corporate domain account I get the AuthzInitializeContextFromSid: Win32 error: 1355 error, however if I use a domain account in the same domain as the SSRS then the subscription works fine.

It seems that even though the service account is running the subscription, the creator/owner of the subscription needs to be verified in order to run with the report embedded.

• Marked as answer by David.West Monday, December 23, 2019 12:18 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2019 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Did the user account which were making this subscription has sufficient permission to operate this?

You could try using administrator account to make same subscription as a test to see if we could make any progress.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

I'm using an account with full admin rights in both SCCM and SSRS to create the subscription.

It's almost as if the account that generates the report for the email doesn't have the required permissions, but we have other subscriptions that also generate the reports and they get sent without issue.

Dave

Monday, December 16, 2019 4:42 PM
  • From current info we could not diagnose. Did the other subscription also made by the same user? Did the other subscription were also made for this particular report?

Could this report be sent by subscription that made by other user account? (Possibly not, since it a server problem)

From the error message,  you could check this User Subscription. Failure sending mail

See if any post in it helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 4:18 AM
  • I've worked it out.

In our environment we have multiple domains and domain trusts.  For my day-to-day admin I use a domain account in the standard corporate domain, however the SSRS server sits in a services domain.  Although there is a trust between these two domains, if I create the subscription with my corporate domain account I get the AuthzInitializeContextFromSid: Win32 error: 1355 error, however if I use a domain account in the same domain as the SSRS then the subscription works fine.

It seems that even though the service account is running the subscription, the creator/owner of the subscription needs to be verified in order to run with the report embedded.

• Marked as answer by David.West Monday, December 23, 2019 12:18 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2019 12:18 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your sharing!

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 6:16 AM