A user accepted my meeting invite and typed a response, but I can't see it in the main reading pane. Why? RRS feed

• Question

• What happens is this:

1. I send a meeting invite.

2. The individual accepts (or declines).

3. When they do, they type a message.  In the screenshot below it was "Thanks, Jeremy!"

4. I can see this in the preview screen on the left, but it doesn't show up on the right.  Not a big deal if the message is short, but if it's more than a line or two, I can't read it.

5. How can I open the response to see what they wrote (the obvious "double-click to open it" doesn't work).

I tried to do a screenshot, but it won't let me attache/include an image.  :(

Thanks!

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your detailed Outlook version number? Go to File > Office Account > About Outlook to collect the detailed version number.

I followed your steps to send a meeting request in Outlook 2016 and there was no issue to view the response email in Reading Panel or double-click to open it. 

Please do more testing in your side with different recipients or Webmail, upload your screenshot to OneDrive then share the picture link here for more information.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:48 AM
  • Outlook Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

It does this for all recipients.  However, I am able to view the typed replies when I use web mail.

I will have to upload the picture from another computer tonight.  I tried to just embed it here, but it wouldn't let me because my account isn't "verified" (but it doesn't tell me how to verify it!)

Thanks,

Jeremy

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 6:32 PM
  • https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=D969EDA7FAA96DA7&id=D969EDA7FAA96DA7%212557&parId=D969EDA7FAA96DA7%212556&o=OneUp
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:03 AM
  • https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=D969EDA7FAA96DA7&id=D969EDA7FAA96DA7%212557&parId=D969EDA7FAA96DA7%212556&o=OneUp

I cannot view any pictures in your link.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:51 AM
  • Outlook Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

It does this for all recipients.  However, I am able to view the typed replies when I use web mail.

I will have to upload the picture from another computer tonight.  I tried to just embed it here, but it wouldn't let me because my account isn't "verified" (but it doesn't tell me how to verify it!)

Thanks,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

The version number you provided is the Windows 7 version not an Outlook version number.

If you are using Outlook 2010, you can go to File > Help, collect the information under About Microsoft Outlook. For example:

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:58 AM
  • I'm using Outlook 2013.  There is no File > Help (and the F1 "go to help" isn't helpful).

Sorry about the screenshot.  Do you know how to "verify" my account?  If so, I would be able to just put the image in this message instead of some complicated work around.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:11 PM
  • I'm using Outlook 2013.  There is no File > Help (and the F1 "go to help" isn't helpful).

Sorry about the screenshot.  Do you know how to "verify" my account?  If so, I would be able to just put the image in this message instead of some complicated work around.

Hi,

As I posted in my first reply in the thread, you can go to File > Office Account > About Outlook to collect the version number.

Additionally, you can go to the following thread to verify your account:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/fa9f302f-f50f-4acf-a728-95ca3d1d7047/verify-account-39?forum=reportabug

If you still cannot post images, please consider to share the pictures in OneDrive for further troubleshooting on the issue.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Monday, July 24, 2017 2:20 AM
  • Here's the version info:  Microsoft Outlook 2013 (15.0.4937.1000) MSO (15.0.4945.1001) 32-bit

Screenshot included below.  On the left side, you can see he wrote "Thanks Jeremy!" when he accepted the calendar invite.  But it doesn't show up on the reading pane on the right.  Also, it does not show up if you double-click the response and open it in it's own window.  (It does, however, show up when using web mail).

Thanks!

• Edited by uagrad Tuesday, August 1, 2017 12:56 PM Additional background info added
    Friday, July 28, 2017 4:51 PM