Out of Office Assistant does not work RRS feed

• Question

• All,

Our user can setup OOO withount any problem and all status is fine and show OOO is running. Checked OWA of this mailbox, the OOO is running fine. The problem is sender never receive any Out of Office message from this user (Internal & External). I tried to clean all rules from client using outlook /cleanrules but the problem still exist.

I also double check the mailbox and cannot find any problem. Any idea why the mailbox cannot reply the message via OOO.

thanks

Keith

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:22 AM

Answers

• On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:22:34 +0000, Keith Ho wrote:

>Our user can setup OOO withount any problem and all status is fine and show OOO is running. Checked OWA of this mailbox, the OOO is running fine. The problem is sender never receive any Out of Office message from this user (Internal & External). I tried to clean all rules from client using outlook /cleanrules but the problem still exist.
    >
    >I also double check the mailbox and cannot find any problem. Any idea why the mailbox cannot reply the message via OOO.

Have you prohibited OOF messages for that domain (or for the default
    domain)?

Check the mailbox with MFCMAPI. I've seen bad rules left behind even
    after starting Outlook with /cleanrules.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Friday, January 13, 2012 7:42 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:34 PM
  • If internal senders are affected, this issue might be caused by the Exchange Services, Microsoft Exchange System Attendant and Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Assistants. Please restart these two services and then try again to see if the issue disappears.

If the issue continues, please verify the application log to see if there is any error recorded; besides, provide the version information of your Exchange server and the Outlook used by both sender and receiver. Thanks.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Keith,

Did you verify if any other user is experiencing the same problem? Did you also try to find the outgoing out of office messages in Message Tracking?

If yes, please start EMC, navigate Organization Configuration > Hub Transport, under Remote Domains tab, double click on Default and verify if "Allow external out-of-office messages and legacy out-of-office messages" checked in.

Br

Omid

MCT, MCITP, MCTS
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:01 PM
  • On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:22:34 +0000, Keith Ho wrote:

>Our user can setup OOO withount any problem and all status is fine and show OOO is running. Checked OWA of this mailbox, the OOO is running fine. The problem is sender never receive any Out of Office message from this user (Internal & External). I tried to clean all rules from client using outlook /cleanrules but the problem still exist.
    >
    >I also double check the mailbox and cannot find any problem. Any idea why the mailbox cannot reply the message via OOO.

Have you prohibited OOF messages for that domain (or for the default
    domain)?

Check the mailbox with MFCMAPI. I've seen bad rules left behind even
    after starting Outlook with /cleanrules.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:34 PM
  • If internal senders are affected, this issue might be caused by the Exchange Services, Microsoft Exchange System Attendant and Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Assistants. Please restart these two services and then try again to see if the issue disappears.

If the issue continues, please verify the application log to see if there is any error recorded; besides, provide the version information of your Exchange server and the Outlook used by both sender and receiver. Thanks.

Fiona Liao

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:48 AM
  • Any update?

Fiona Liao

Thursday, January 5, 2012 2:38 AM