none
Reporting Services Parameters Initially collapsed RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dashboard element with a SQL Server 2005 reporting services report.  This report has a number of parameters and I want to have the parameters section of the report initially collapsed.  I could do this with a report rendering instruction in the url ( &rc:Parameters=collapsed) but I can't work out how to do it in dashboad Designer.  Could I put somthing in the RDL?

Friday, August 14, 2009 11:00 AM

All replies

• When you configure the SQL Server Report item there is an option labeled 'Show parameters' that is unchecked by default.  This is the option that you will want to uncheck in your Report item so that the parameters are no longer displayed when viewed in the dashboard.  You can then setup the filters on the dashboard to map to the parameter endpoints in the SQL Server Report item that you have created. 

The other option that is on by default is the toolbar ('Show toolbar') and you will most likely want to uncheck that box to provide a cleaner view of the SSRS report in the dashboard.

As far as passing additional URL commands in the setup of the Report item I do not believe that option is available and you simply have to utilize the options available to you in setting this up in the Dashboard Designer which handle this for you.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:37 PM
  • You can create a report of type Web Page and pass the URL (along with the rendering parameters) in it.
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:20 AM