General overview of HTML5 Self Service Portal wanted RRS feed

• Question

• A demo video?  A white paper?  Convince us why we should invest time and money into the new HTML5 Self Service Portal?  We currently use free Spiceworks for help desk incident management.  We know SCSM can connect to our AD and SCCM to pull in our resources.  We need more persuasion!  Thank you.

KACouillard

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:32 PM

Answers

• Yes I see, I have them published now in the Service Catalog!  Thank you for all this good information.  I have more questions that continue to be out of the original subject asked.  I will open a new thread with these, and mark as answered this one. thank you!

KACouillard

• Marked as answer by KACouillard Friday, January 22, 2016 7:15 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 7:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Check the link below,

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2015/11/06/announcing-new-html5-based-self-service-portal.aspx?pi168154=4

Its new. So they fixed some issued with a hotfix a short time ago.

If you want to get data form ad and scsm you can use SCSM 2012 with new HTML 5 Portal. Thet working pretty good with sccm and Ad also Orchestrator and Operations manager :)

Fırat

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:17 AM
  • Thank you!  Yes I installed the hotfix.  I have also setup connectors to our AD and SCCM.  Now what?  I don't know how to setup an incident request template that utilities the resources pulled with these connectors. 

KACouillard

Friday, January 8, 2016 1:42 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ali's Oget Sunday, January 17, 2016 1:06 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2016 3:16 PM
  • Looks good, thank you!

KACouillard

Friday, January 8, 2016 3:23 PM
  • Ok, I created two new incident templates as instructed.  They appear in Incident Management, All Incidents, but they don't appear as choices for a user opening a new incident request in the Portal.  Only the Generic Incident Request is available in the Portal.  After creating a Generic Incident Request, the "Affected User" is known, but not the computer. 

Can anyone show me an article that explains how these all get connected please?

thank you

KACouillard

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:32 PM
  • Hi,

You need configure Service Catalog configuration for your incident templates.

Check the link below,

You must do that steps for your Incident Templates. (select Incident class instead of Service Request)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/11/08/request-offering-wizard-overview.aspx

Fırat

Monday, January 18, 2016 11:55 PM
  • Yes I see, I have them published now in the Service Catalog!  Thank you for all this good information.  I have more questions that continue to be out of the original subject asked.  I will open a new thread with these, and mark as answered this one. thank you!

KACouillard

• Marked as answer by KACouillard Friday, January 22, 2016 7:15 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 7:15 PM