Black screen while viewing photos through Windows Photo Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• As above cant view photos because they are black. Can view some then they go black etc. Never had this problem b4. Tried all the suggestions posted in another thread on this subject, not sure why they closed that thread.

The suggestion I haven't tried is this, well I did try but found it impossible to do. I thought the author could have added what to change them to but any ways I couldn't change them at all.

For now - go to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\ATI Technologies\Multimedia

rename these files

amf-wic-jpeg-decoder32.dll

amf-wic-jpeg-decoder64.dll

to  something else, then restart the system

You lose the jpeg acceleration for now but when the new driver is released it will come back.

I also found this unhelpful as who ever posted it assumes we know how to find safe mode. I searched the screen but couldn't find the words Safe mode.

Let’s boot the computer in Safe Mode and check if issue reappears. Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you’re using.

I deleted Everything AMD and problem is still there, I only recently updated it anyways.

The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded lenovo driver updater the day before.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Fast stone photo resizer as I was using this when I first noticed the problem but its never given me problems before.

Saturday, July 7, 2018 6:35 AM