none
Authenticator App reinstall - cannot activate 2F without App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I deleted the authenticator app from my phone and now reinstalled it. I need to scan the QR Code to add an account and for that enter the settings of my 365 owa account. But when I try to log into 365 Outlook Web App I am asked to check the authenticator app for a security code... You see, I cannot readd an account to my phone to get security codes because I cannot enter my security settings without a code...

Is there any other way to add an account to my authenticator app without having to log into 365 owa? I can access my account for example over the outlook mac app.

Thanks for your help!

Horst.

Sunday, November 5, 2017 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Horst,

"But when I try to log into 365 Outlook Web App I am asked to check the authenticator app for a security code."

Could you please try to use a different verification option? We can use that to log into 365 with phone message or call.

Best regards,

Jason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 6, 2017 6:25 AM
  • Unfortunately there is not other option offered, when I click "user another verification option"...

Any other ideas?

Monday, November 6, 2017 9:42 AM
  • Hi Horst,

Could you please contact your Office 365 admin to reset your MFA settings?

Best regards,

Jason

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:17 AM
  • Hey, I have the same problem with my iphone... had to reinstall the app now all secret keys are gone... Is there any way I can backup all the different keys inside the app? (Next time?) I mean it's not selden that people loose their phone, have to reset it, it gets stolen... For the email account you can download 10 recovery codes, why not for the Authenticator app? There are so many people on the app store with exactly this issue! Hey can't acces any sites any more because all the secret keys are gone! I got at least 15 different secret keys for the different applications/ websites or services... Please let the app developers know of this HUGE!!!! problem! It really is a pain! :((( Thank you very much!!!!
    Sunday, November 12, 2017 12:13 AM
  • Still fighting with Authenticator. I have a personal account. I can access my account through Online with my Chromebook. But I had to reinstall the authenticator app on my phone. Well, authenticator was designed to login if you have forgotten your password. I have forgotten my password.
    2 things happen:

When I try to activate the authenticator it asks me to click the 2 digit number on the authenticator ... I cant, because I'm trying to install the authenticator.
    Then when I try to reset my password, it says go to your authenticator ...

So, what am I supposed to do?

Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:59 PM