none
Office 365 .xlsm file when shared users only see it as read only RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a scheduling document with a activex combo box to drive a search box. The file is set to unrestricted and there is nothing else I can see that is stopping other users permissions. All people I have shared it with using 365 and one drive have admin rights and full access to the document, but the only person who is able to use open it and use the functionality is me. 
    Tuesday, January 14, 2020 8:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue occur only with the specific workbook? You can share more Excel files to have a check.

Based on your description, I know that you share a workbook(.xlsm) with Office 365. Could you provide more information about the detailed steps you performed to shared the file? Please make sure that you give your users editing permission.

You can open your OneDrive and locate the workbook to check shared information:

You can get the view and edit permissions information in the permissions panel:

In addition, you can ask other users to try to view the shared workbook in Excel Online in browsers:

If they can't edit the workbook as well, it turns out that they don't have edit permission of the workbook. You should modify your shared link settings for the workbook. For more information about sharing files with OneDrive, read Set up Office 365 file storage and sharingShare OneDrive files and foldersShare files and folders with Office 365.

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:05 AM
  • Thank you for the response.

I've tried giving direct access, sharing the link, and in the managing access window, besides opening in read only. people who I've given direct access to with full permissions when they open it it does not give any other option. once I removed the activeX combo box and the macros I put in the document, it began to work as normal and others could edit it. but as soon as I add the activex features this issue occurs, but when I delete them it opens how I want it to. 

Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:46 PM