none
Set not being completely processed by MPR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I get a new student the person record does not come in with an active flag. The is isActive flage is set using a set, workflow and mpr combination.

I have a set defined by the following criteria i.e. studentstatus = true, isActive is not true and isActive is not false. I get a set of students who are not marked as active. The workflow sets the isActive to true causing the students record to fall out of the set.

However, I noticed that if there are a lot of students, the set does not work all the way through. Last week I had about 1500 students come in. Since ROPU was enabled, they started processing, but, only the first 500 processed. After that I had to disable and re-enable the MPR for the processing to continue.  After that It processed like 10-15 records and I had to keep on doing the disable-enable routine, till all processed.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong. How can I ensure that all the students are processed without having to intervene?

Thanks and Regards,

Sylvester

Monday, November 26, 2012 5:40 PM

Answers

• All,

It looked like there were a lot of post processing tasks were hung up and a good idea to bounce the system. After bouncing the systems Sync Engine, Portal and both databases, the post processing tasks have cleared and this is no longer happening.

Thanks an Regards,

Sylvester

• Marked as answer by Creados Monday, December 10, 2012 6:56 PM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 6:56 PM

All replies

• I have not heard of this problem before.  Do you notice any errors in the Forefront Identity Manager EventLog?
    What version/build # of the product do you have?
    Your best course of action would be to contact our Customer Support team and we can work with you to determine the root cause.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:17 PM
  • I am using FIM 2010 R2. I don't see any errors in the FIM Eventlog or in other places.

I do notice that there are some synchronization errors with about 13 records. It is giving this error "unexpected-error" in "FunctionLibrary.dll" in the extension flow. Could that be interfering with the MPR processing?

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:28 PM
  • Not sure about whether the sync errors are related to this problem.
    Can you share The MPR that you have setup to trigger the workflow.
    I am interested to see how you have that configured.   A screen shot of every TAB of the MPR would be useful.
    I also would like to see the SET filter for each SET that is referenced in the MPR
    I also would like to see the Workflow screens that show the "run on policy" update and the Type of Workflow.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:53 PM
  • Hi Dean,

I have the screen shots you requested the MPR (all tabs), the set criteria, the workflow activity and the workflows with ROPU enabled. Please download the same from

https://apps.lmu.edu/ui/www/resources/MPRSetAndWorlfow.zip

Thanks and Regards,

Sylvester

• Edited by Creados Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Creados Monday, December 10, 2012 6:54 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Creados Monday, December 10, 2012 6:54 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:51 PM
  • All,

It looked like there were a lot of post processing tasks were hung up and a good idea to bounce the system. After bouncing the systems Sync Engine, Portal and both databases, the post processing tasks have cleared and this is no longer happening.

Thanks an Regards,

Sylvester

• Marked as answer by Creados Monday, December 10, 2012 6:56 PM
    Monday, December 10, 2012 6:56 PM