how to pull data from a list that contains 30k records and only pull 30 items and show page numbers as well in a grid RRS feed

• Question

• how to pull data from a list that contains 30k records and only pull 30 items and show page numbers as well in a grid.

When user clicks on 6th page he should  see correct data.  1,2,3,4,....,next

using listitemposition

MCTS Sharepoint 2010, MCAD dotnet, MCPDEA, SharePoint Lead

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to show only 30 items from 30k items list in a page? How page number works? What data will the user see if he clicks on 6th page?

Could you talk more about the whole scenario? Let’s see if there already similar solution for such requirement.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Edited by Dean_Wang Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:16 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:16 AM
  • Currently sharepoint list oob does not show page number(it has next 30, next 30...) etc. which does not work in business user screen scnearios. What I need a grid that shows 30 items per page but also showing page numbers at the bottom.  1,2,3... and if the list has 30k items the page numbers will be divide by 30 with 1,2,3..... next page set etc.

I also need content iterator technique in same grid due to 5k thershold issue.

MCTS Sharepoint 2010, MCAD dotnet, MCPDEA, SharePoint Lead

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:12 PM
  • Please let me know if you have tried XSLT method in the below URL:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/500cdb06-7fd7-4758-bb03-5b2c5334d0c0/list-view-multiple-paging?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious

The threshold would be an issue only if you want to filter on data (depends on indexed columns and total data you have), however, if you are listing everything this wouldn't be an issue.

I have written a similar script like this using knockout js (for keeping track of pages and displaying data) and rest to get data. This would retrieve total item count on page load with first 400 (depends on page size)  items. The total item count will help to display the page numbers and then you can get data using rest without loading all upfront. when a page number has data which is not loaded that is retrieved using rest.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers and upvote them if they help. Thanks & Regards, Balu

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:20 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:53 PM