none
Computer Policy updates successfully but User Policy Fails

Question

• Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I just did a clean Windows 10 32-bit install on a computer I have here and am having a problem getting Group Policy to update successfully for Users.

The following errors are occurring...

gpresult /r
    INFO: The user does not have RSoP data.

and

C:\Users\roark_holz>gpupdate
    Updating policy...

Computer Policy update has completed successfully.
    User Policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\ad.oppco.org\SysVol\ad.oppco.org\Policies\{E0E72292-4539-478D-8E8E-95CEBE4F3831}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following:
    a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
    b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).
    c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html from the command line to access information about Group Policy results.

I took a loook through the group policy event logs and found that the event ID that triggered this error appears too be Event ID 7017.

The problem only seems to affect this one computer, if I log in as the same user on another Windows 10 computer I have set up here everything works as expected which would lead me to believe the problem is with this one workstation, not the domain controller itself (though I could be wrong about that I suppose).

Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:59 PM

Answers

All replies