Issues Receiving External email RRS feed

• Question

• Hello kinda scratching my head on this one and looking for any suggestions. Running a windows SBS 2008 server with Exchange 2007 on it. 

Email was working fine up untill two days ago and all of the sudden external emails stopped comming in. No updates or changes had been made on the server.

When I check mxtoolbox it replies that port 25 is timing out. When I telnet internally to the server it opens with no issue, when I attempt to to telnet externally to the mail domain I get Could not open connection to host on port 25 connection failed.

I check with the ISP as they control the firewall and they say port 25 is not blocked. I checked DNS just to check it and PTR record is pointed to the correct IP for the FQDN. Also ensure MS Exchange Transport Service is running. 

I have restarted the transport service and nothing there and even restarted the server itself and still having the same problem. Just seeing if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction. 

Thanks for any help

Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:06 PM

Answers

• Issue resolved, turns out the ISP had set my services to be showing as a residential instead of buisness and turned off 25 on me. 

• Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, April 1, 2013 5:47 AM
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:11 PM