UAG 2010 SP1 Client Issue - Needs constant reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there everyone.

I have customer and we have a couple of users who work fine and a couple who need to reinstall the UAG client every other day to make a connection.  Seems to be an issue with a wh????.dll file.

Once they have uninstall, rebooted and reinstalled they carry on working fine. Below is the error messages in the log files - anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

A Request from Source IP address x.x.x.x user to trunk portal;Secure=1 for application Unknown application name of type Unknown failed. The endpoint device does not comply with the access policy setting (Hybrid_Pol_Allow_Access) for session DDDD-DDDDD-DDD-DD. The URL is  /uniquesigXXXXXXXXXXX/uniquesig0/SecureportalPortalHomePage/.

Cheers

p.s. I have set the access policy to "allow" and after this created a custom policy that is always $true :-)

Monday, May 16, 2011 11:21 PM

All replies

• Are the affected clients running x64 OS?

I have run into this issue before on my 64 bit clients, and to resolve I had to manually remove (uninstall left a few dll's and processes behind) the Forefront Endpoint Components, restart, then launch to the portal again.

Once a fresh copy of the UAG Components 4.0 (as listed in Programs and Features)  installed, issue did not return.

Again, this is only on 64bit clients, as my 32 bit machines are not having any issues.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:57 PM