your microfone is muted but no one can hear you RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

For a few days now several users (maybe all, I can't say) get this message

But all is working ok. We can hear others, others can hear us.

What could it be?

Prior to this we installed the latest CU on the Skype servers.

Friday, February 9, 2018 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Ion,

Which CU did you install? January 2018 (CU6 HF1) OR December 2017 (CU6)

Do other users in your organization have the same problem?

First please install the latest version skype for business client.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2016/07/29/skype-for-business-2016-update-list/

Then please confirm with us whether you can pass the test in Audio Device Settings of Skype for Business client.

Change another headset ;if you run the SFB client on the win 10,I suggest that you can uninstall all audio and microphone driver, use the original drivers ,restart win10 ,then make a test.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 12, 2018 5:16 AM
  • Hello Leon-Lu

I installed the January CU.

My Skype version is 16.0.8431.2110. I cannot install from the above links because I have an E3 license, and it says that none of the above product was found or something similar with this.

I will try other headsets but I am not sure that is it, as this message appears to other people as well.

I will keep you updated.

Thank you 

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:01 AM
  • Hello Leon

The situation has not happened since than.

I have another meeting Friday, we'll see than

Thursday, February 15, 2018 8:21 AM
  • Ok ,waiting for your update

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:41 AM
  • I have no idea.

Sometimes it happens some times it does not

The idea is that so far the it is working, despite the message appearing from time to time.

I am having trouble understanding the fenomenon

Friday, February 23, 2018 6:58 AM