none
CSV Data Import RRS feed

• Question

• I have historical records for both BP and weight which can be formatted as csv files.

There is an export capability, but I cant find any import capability. This seems strange sine it looks like this is used for automatic import from many of the supported devices.

Also it is possible to export the stored data in csv, but this does not provide a data backup option as there is no way to re-import the data.

Looks to be an oversight that could be easily fixed,

Sunday, February 3, 2013 4:15 PM

All replies

• For importing data, we accept the CCR and CCD formats. We also allow you to export your data as CCR/CCD. Unfortunately we do not have a CSV import due to the nature that CSV's aren't standard nor descriptive in what columns mean and follow no schema. We offer exporting to CSV as a convenient way for you to open your data in Excel to do your own sort of graphs and filters, but it isn't an importable format.
    Monday, February 4, 2013 6:00 AM
  • I can't find anywhere to import a CCR or CCD file on the HealthVault website. Where can I find this?
    Monday, June 10, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Hi, George,

Sign in to your HealthVault account and go to the Health Information section. In the "More actions" menu at the top right of the page, choose "Upload a file". OR, click one of the items under the Files section and then click Add.

When you upload a file, if it is a CCR or CCD, HealthVault will recognize it and store it in the proper place. And, you'll also be given a chance to add the individual items from the CCR/CCD into the appropriate places in HealthVault. (For example, if the CCR has a medication list, you can add those medications to the Medication area.)

-Kathy-

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:43 PM
  • For importing data, we accept the CCR and CCD formats. We also allow you to export your data as CCR/CCD. Unfortunately we do not have a CSV import due to the nature that CSV's aren't standard nor descriptive in what columns mean and follow no schema. We offer exporting to CSV as a convenient way for you to open your data in Excel to do your own sort of graphs and filters, but it isn't an importable format.

That's EXTREMELY weak.  

Unfortunately we do not have a CSV import due to the nature that CSV's aren't standard nor descriptive in what columns mean and follow no schema

For Weight import its two fields: Date, Weight
    For Blood Pressure, its four fields: Date, Systolic, Diastolic, Pulse

There is *NO NEED* for any complicated schema, XML, etc.  We are talking about "characters {comma} characters" - heck enforce them to be all numbers - even easier. Hard to believe this is not a 'day one' feature.  Surely, it must be on the enhancement list.  Without it, EXCEL and other spreadsheets become the system of record and not HealthVault.

Can anyone comment on when Importing will be enabled?

Best,
    Michael

Sunday, June 16, 2013 3:21 PM
  • I have the same problem, too...

Maybe you could define a mask with the fields you need (and their format, and the type of "comma" - in Italy we use ";"), and let user associate the columns in his csv file with the fields you decide to manage.

Gnucash can import Bank data this way, and it's really great!

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:27 AM
  • This is poor indeed. There is all kinds of data that could be imported this way. You are Microsoft are you not. The greatest and most successful software company in the world cannot figure out how to allow .csv imports? God help us all !!
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:23 PM
  • I agree.  Kathy's is just a cop out!    Define the header records for .csv and it can then be imported.

• Edited by DavidKWhite Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:38 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 4:37 AM