Recent password issues with Outlook 2010/13 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Surprised to not see this mentioned anywhere already but I have an issue with a few clients of mine where Outlook keeps prompting for a users password. It accepts the password and connects to Exchange, but after a few minutes prompts for the password again. This happened on completely separate networks, the only linking factor is Office 365.

Clients run Windows 7, Outlook 2010 or 13, fully up to date. I've reset passwords, deleted the cached credentials, created new mail profile all to no avail. I'm guessing this is yet another in the recent spate of MS breaking things with their updates. Nice of MS to treat the user base as bug testers!

Anybody experienced this?

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 11:07 AM

All replies

• Hi FUKKOIOO,

>> I have an issue with a few clients of mine where Outlook keeps prompting for a users password.

By this, do you mean this problem affect some of the users in the same environment?

Generally, the reasons for this issue can be various. Apart from the steps you have mentioned above, it is also suggested to try to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone.

Besides, hopefully the other troubleshooting steps in the following forum article can be helpful:

Why does Outlook keep prompting for password 

As per your concern about the recent update, could you please collect the detailed build number of both Outlook and Windows system then we can do further research on this?

Any findings, please post back at ease.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:53 AM