Servers not restarting immediately after updates applied via WSUS & GPO RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

Hey guys I recently setup WSUS in our environment and not sure if i setup something incorrectly, but where do i force the clients to reboot after updates applied? When I logged into the servers the updates were applied but it will "automatic restart will incur in one day". Did I forget something? I don't think i was logged in during the updates... Screenshots attached. 

Also, silly questions what happens when updates the servers needs one updates installed before it installs the new updates? Will it have to wait till the next time it runs the job to catch the newer updates? Thank you advanced!!!

Saturday, April 2, 2016 11:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Jac0810,

>where do i force the clients to reboot after updates applied?

Do you configure this policy, "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time":

>silly questions what happens when updates the servers needs one updates installed before it installs the new updates? Will it have to wait till the next time it runs the job to catch the newer updates?

Yes, it will detect updates till the next scheduled detection time.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ITNERDMIAMI11 Monday, April 4, 2016 6:52 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 1:33 AM
  • Thank you! Ahhh, got it! I had to select the delay restart for schedule installation. I think that's right...  

thank you for the feedback!!!

Monday, April 4, 2016 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Jac0810,

>where do i force the clients to reboot after updates applied?

Do you configure this policy, "Always automatically restart at the scheduled time":

>silly questions what happens when updates the servers needs one updates installed before it installs the new updates? Will it have to wait till the next time it runs the job to catch the newer updates?

Yes, it will detect updates till the next scheduled detection time.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ITNERDMIAMI11 Monday, April 4, 2016 6:52 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2016 1:33 AM
  • Thank you! Ahhh, got it! I had to select the delay restart for schedule installation. I think that's right...  

thank you for the feedback!!!

Monday, April 4, 2016 6:52 AM