how to create a policy to force dot1x on Windows clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently implemented dot1x for both wireless and Wired connection in my organization. My RADIUS clients are the Cisco switches and Wireless Controller and the RADIUS server is the MS IAS  on server 2003. While connecting to wireless, we have to go to users and make changes on the client PC and then connect to the network and same for the LAN and it works fine. But, my organization has more that 1000 PCs, so it is not possible to manually configure each and every PC for Wireless and Wired Connection. Is there any possibility to make some policy or changes on the domain servers so that all of these configurations will be replicated to all the client  PCs. Please help me

Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Are all client computers domain members ? and what’s OS version running on client side ?

You may define wire and wireless network settings and distribute to client side via group policy, if all clients are domain members.

For more information please refer to the link below:

802.1X Authenticated Wired and Wireless Access

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730878(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 19, 2010 5:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Are all client computers domain members ? and what’s OS version running on client side ?

You may define wire and wireless network settings and distribute to client side via group policy, if all clients are domain members.

For more information please refer to the link below:

802.1X Authenticated Wired and Wireless Access

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730878(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 19, 2010 5:08 AM
  • Thanks, Now most of the problems are solved. But can you please suggest me how to make the service WiredAutoConfig (dot3svc) and WirelessZeroConfiguration  to automatically run on all the clients that are the part of my domain, and i want to force this settings through my Domain Controller.Please help me on this. Thank you.
    Friday, November 26, 2010 10:11 AM