Workflow in SharePoint sending 2 email when the case is resolved RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created 2 case in SharePoint to notify customer when the case is created and resolved.

In the notify customer when the case is created workflow, I have ticked start workflow automatically when the item is created in the start options with workflow If Current Item:Contact Email is not empty 

Email Current Item:Contact Email , which sends one email to customer when its created and working fine.

In the notify customer when the case is resolved workflow, I have ticked start workflow automatically when the item is created and changed also tried to just tick changed , in the start options with workflow

If Current Item:Status equals Resolved

and  Current Item:Contact Email is not empty

Email Current Item:Contact Email, which sends 2 email to customer when its resolved instead of 1.

Can you please guide me in right direction.

Thanks

Afif

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I would like to suggest you recreate your notification by set When to Notify as: Periodically notify when objects meet a criteria:

And set the criteria as below:

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, March 21, 2016 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, March 25, 2016 5:38 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on my understanding, your notification is configured to send email when the item is create and changed, how about adding another criteria such as adding Resolution state condition when you create notification template.

Here is a helpful article for your reference:

http://blog.tyang.org/2013/04/06/duplicate-opsmgr-alert-notifications-caused-by-service-managers-opsmgr-alert-connector-and-ways-around-it/

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Hi,<o:p></o:p>

There is 2 case in workflow when a case is created and when the same case is resolved.<o:p></o:p>

When the case is created it sends one email as usual with the below workflow .

When the case is resolved, this is the below workflow and settings, In the start options I have tried both start workflow automatically when an Item is changed and both created and changed. (In this case it generating same email twice instead of one) with the setting below 

hope this is clear<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 11:53 PM
  • Hello,

I would like to suggest you recreate your notification by set When to Notify as: Periodically notify when objects meet a criteria:

And set the criteria as below:

Regards,

Yan Li

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, March 21, 2016 1:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, March 25, 2016 5:38 AM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:54 AM