conversation history in wrong folder (shared Mailboxes) RRS feed

• Question

• We have an environement with SFB 2015 onprem and Exchange Online and using the latest SFB 2016 Client with Windows 10.

Now we have the Problem that the conversation history sometimes get saved in the wrong history folder. I mean only user with  several mailboxes in Outlook are affected.

I've checked the Internet and found plenty of questioning and answering the same Problem. But it seems to me there is no easy solution.

Using Server side conversation history could maybe solve the Problem or ist there another good solution which I missed. http://cloudexchangers.com/enableserverconversationhistory-skype-for-business

Best regards

Bueschu

Bueschu

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Bueschu,

How are the additional mailboxes being accessed by the user, as additional mailboxes alongside their own mailbox, or as separate Outlook profiles?

Thanks,
    Steve

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 11:33 AM
  • Hi Steve

Alongside their onw Mailbox.

Thanks

Bueschu

Bueschu

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:29 PM
  • I remember this happening with OCS and Outlook 2010, but I haven't seen it happen in Lync/SfB.

First thoughts are it's to do with permissions, or how the additional mailboxes have been added to Outlook.

Permissions

How have the permissions been assigned to the shared mailboxes - via delegates, impersonation, or Full Access permission?  I'd try assigning Full Access and see if this resolves the issue.

Outlook

Are the additional mailboxes being added via AutoMapping (Full Access permissions will by default do this)?

Or are they being manually added via the traditional method (Account Settings - Change - More Settings - Add), or the newer method of 'Add Additional Account'.  I'd suggest switching between these methods to see if one resolves the issue.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:23 PM
  • Hi

Thank you for the support.

Have you any experience with  SFB "Server side conversation history" to solve this Problem.

Best regards

Bueschu

Bueschu

Thursday, February 8, 2018 4:26 AM
  • Hi Bueschu,

I don't think enabling Server Side Conversation History will help you here, however there is no harm in trying.

I suggest you go through the troubleshooting steps I suggested in my previous post.

Thanks

Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:20 AM
  • We've recently seen this issue crop back up as well.  So far no good solution.
    Monday, February 12, 2018 4:40 PM
  • Hi Steve

Ok we will following your recommendation, I mean setting the permission and how the mailboxes get attached to Outlook. What it makes hard to predict after configuring this options is the fact, that the issue can't be reproduced. Normally the issue happens every 2 Month once or twice.

Best Regards

Bueschu

Bueschu

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:35 AM